Our client is looking for a Senior Category Manager to support the development of the Procurement function and Global business extension. The main focus of the role will be to manage the purchasing of glass, developing tenders / e-auctions to drive a high level of savings and managing key supplier relationships.
This is a challenging role in a fast paced environment, requiring a committed, team-orientated and flexible individual. If you have these attributes and enjoy working in a challenging yet rewarding environment, we would like to hear from you.
* Lead and develop breakthrough business projects in Glass category using advanced category management/strategic sourcing tools
* Drive significant, measurable & sustainable business advantage to agreed targets
* Understand overall acquisition costs and develop appropriate cost models for decision making and performance reporting in specific glass category
* Develop flexible, robust supplier networks capable of meeting the dynamic needs of the business
* Ensure CSR compliance through the supply chain
* Drive supplier competition, development and rationalisation as appropriate
* Build supplier relationships with key vendors & service providers
* Develop supplier and supply market expertise to inform category strategies
* Work with internal customers to ensure category projects are delivered on time and within budget e.g. logistics, catalogue teams
* Develop effective working relationships across the wider group to fully develop opportunities and synergies.
Experience & Skills
* Experience of structured glass category management / strategic sourcing tools and principles
* Tangible experience working within a commercial role within an existing glass manufacturer or retailer.
* Demonstrable record of delivering significant tangible financial benefits
* Strong analytical and financial capabilities
* Strong commercial negotiating skills
* Developed interpersonal and influencing skills
* Ability to understand complex (sometime ambiguous) business issues
* Sourcing or commercial experience with a strategic, results-based orientation
* University degree or equivalent
* Good knowledge of glass manufacturing base globally
* Experience in FMCG industry sector