Logistics Supervisor (AM Shift 2am-10am )
An innovative provider of transport solutions, working alongside major 3PL's and well established retailers, are looking for an experienced and determined Logistics Supervisor to aid in the growth of this award winning business.
Reporting into the Depot Manager, you will assist in the management of the London depot, working with drivers and senior management to ensure the deliverance of strategic projects across the business. You will be supporting the team in the roll out of all financial and performance related KPI's across the operation, in order to instil a culture of improvement, development and rigor, alongside being a vital part of performance development through 'hands on' support.
Key responsibilities are:
* Planning, sorting and staffing in line with forecasted volumes and contacting clients for additional staff
* Daily reporting to the Depot Manager during the AM handover
* Manage inbound deliveries and other inbound freight carriers ensuring the information is kept up to date
* Manage routes and final changes due to absentees
* Reporting vehicle damages/ maintenance and repairs/ health and safety/ ensuring all compliance standards are recorded and maintained
* Pre-briefing of driver team ensuring all relevant forms are completed
We are looking for a passionate, forward thinking and proactive supervisor with excellent communication and organisational skills. With demonstrable experience of providing support within fast paced, multi drop environments you must be able to prioritise and implement sense of structure within this energetic and pioneering business. This is an exciting and varied position, where you will receive support, inspiration and the effective tools to make this role your own.