A Senior Procurement Manager is required on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract basis, to negotiate and managing a range of Marketing, Banking and some Logistics contracts.
You will be working for one of the UK's top ten Best Big Companies to Work For. This is an opportunity to join a group with brands that now serve an amazing 27 million customers each month in the UK, making them the largest business in their field.
What will you be doing
You will be directly responsible for negotiating and managing Marketing, Banking and some Logistics contracts. To make your mark on this role you will need to have proven experience across these categories and be keen to make a significant and measurable contribution to both the profitability of our organisation and our operational efficiency.
You will be trusted to use your technical knowledge, good judgement and strong negotiation skills, alongside your first rate ability to influence - at very senior management levels.
Your primary objective within this role will be to deliver consistently high quality suppliers, on the most advantageous commercial terms that will meet the needs of the brands and corporate functions through effective use of procurement processes.
Taking advantage of the autonomy that comes with this senior position, you will be focused to deliver optimal solutions and to quickly become a key "go-to" person for business contacts looking for your advice and expertise during the decision making process.
Your will be accountable for:
* Managing a team expenditure of £100m+ (£60m directly managed spend plus £40m managed by team)
* Managing 60+ contracts (15 directly managed contracts plus 45 managed by team)
* Ensuring the management and development of the Marketing Services Procurement Manager
* Management of print management agency (team of 15)
* Overall responsibility of the Financial and Budgeting Process
* Developing and maintaining category and individual market sourcing strategies for your own and your teams categories.
* Manage category input to the supplies and services basket to accurately record and forecast costs.
You will be degree qualified and ideally hold or be studying towards MCIPS